Wednesday, November 18, 2009



My father, the "grand poobah" of family photography in my childhood universe, turned his lens on these children's mother and her siblings many times during our family vacations together. I have such fond memories of those times...singing Irish songs and playing together until we collapsed! It was with a delightful sense of a tradition being continued that I was thrilled to make these pictures of HER beautiful children. Especially since her youngest looks almost exactly like his aunt, who was a best buddy of mine way back when. Even though I was battling technical issues with the flare and glare of the sun, ultimately, I think it makes the pictures better. The glow adds to the sentimental feel of some of them for me. I think this effect will get stronger over time- like our own dreamy memories of childhood. Thanks for a great shoot, guys!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home