Sunday, March 29, 2009


This was my first  session inside a church. I have been really wanting to do communion pictures in a church, as I have a vivid memory of a photo my father took of my brother on his communion day, under the stained glass window in our church, kneeling in a pew, hands clasped in prayer, the light pouring in onto the highlights in his beautiful brown hair, creating a halo of light around his head. An image that has stayed with me for oh, about 33 years now!!! I wanted so much to recreate it, as it was a stunning and beautiful document of a momentous childhood milestone. I didn't have the "good" camera on my own boy's communion day, something I'll always be sad about. But the good news is that the universe smiled down on me last week, providing me with this gorgeous child, N. and the light to make him look like heaven on earth. He had the sweetest temperament possible, so good, truly an angel. I could have worked with him all day long.....I really love these pictures. Thanks to his mom and dad for all of their help and great ideas, and I hope to be lucky enough to photograph the rest of their brood sometime!!!







Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home